Tuesday, October 4, 2011

New School Year!

School has started once again! The summer was just way to short! Well now that I'm back in school, I am going to try and post frequently. This quarter, I am taking a Intro to Lithography Printmaking class, and an Intermediate Drawing class. I was very excited for this quarter during the summer but now I have mixed feelings. I think I am leaning towards studying graphic design instead of Fine Arts. The decision isn't final yet. I am still figuring out my choices. I think I would benefit more by being in the graphic design program. All last year, in fine arts, we were taught how to show our art in galleries and create master pieces that are from the bottom of our heart or world. I couldn't take it anymore! Over the summer I had been doing a sketch a day in my sketchbook and it turned out that these sketches were just to illustrate. I have always been into illustration and now I can have the chance to pursue it by switching into graphic design. So If I don't get to posting all the time, I apologize because I will be trying to figure out my next step for switching majors.

Anyways, I haven't been the best about documenting but I'll remember to in the future. In the printmaking class I am taking, we are learning how to prepare a stone for printing. Here is a great video to give you an idea for what we are doing---http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHw5_1Hopsc.
For our first assignment, we were told to create an image of power. This image below is something I did over the summer. I drew this after hearing all about my sister and her husbands cat and how it is the smartest cat on earth. R.I.P. Olive. Well It was such a fun drawing for me so I think I am going to expand on it for all the awesome cats in the world! I'll keep you posted on how this turns out.
For my Intermediate Drawing class, our first assignment was to observe an object and do an ink wash of it. Well I took my roommates old camera and started inking! Here is is!
After that she told us to do a graphite drawing of it! Here it is!
I'm assuming this assignment was just to show her our skills so far. I don't think I lost my touch!
Excited for the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment