Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Printmaking!

 Now here is a class I can talk about! Printmaking! I love this class! I have never put so much time and effort into a piece of work until now!  I posted a video about the process a couple posts ago so I won't go into detail! But here is my first test print! I just worked with the different drawing materials to see how they turned out.  We had numerous different pencils with different sizes, tush, tush with water or naptha, white slate, and even permanent marker.  I could also trace onto the stone which is twenty times easier. 
Here is my first official print! The assignment was to come up with an image of power.  In my previous post I said I would work with the cat drawing.  However, I got sick of it! I couldn't draw it anymore.  So I came up with this! I originally got the idea from an experience that happened to me recently.  I drew the drawing the same way but with a tablecloth being slipped away from underneath me.  I decide to take the tablecloth out and just have the person standing on the table in the middle of her house. Well here is the final print. I did several prints but this was the one that turned out the best.  I used the drawing pencils and tush and water to create the image.  I enjoyed the process and love seeing the final turn out. I can't wait to do another one! Time to grind another stone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment